Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
- RAM: 256 MB (for Vista, 1 GB highly recommended)
- Video Card: OpenGL 1.3 compatible 64 MB AGP with hardware T&L
- Hard Disk: 540 MB free space
- Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista with DirectX 9 or higher installed
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 or better
- RAM: 512 MB
- Video Card: OpenGL 1.5 compatible 128 MB PCI Express with hardware T&L
- Hard Disk: 540 MB free space
- Operating System: Windows XP or Vista with DirectX 9 or higher installed
- DirectX compatible soundcard
- Optional: DirectX compatible gamepad or steering wheel
Note that for maximum enjoyment SCS Software suggests playing 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul with a force-feedback wheel and pedals control system.
- next generation of Prism3D engine was used, with a lot of improvements and total overwrites of several areas.
- better compatibility and utilization of graphics card
- better weather depiction
- enhanced the truck driving simulation
- up to 37 mammoth machines and trailers
- there are 24 companies in game
- the game world covers complete United States of America, Canada and Mexico territory
- the number of cities is bigger than in Haulin .
- border checkpoint included in game.
- real looking interiors of trucks
- several new loads and trailers
- much more kind of AI trucks on the road
- the improved world editor is a part of the game's executable but without support.
- traffic/AI system is improved
- "legal status" HUD is included in game
- dashboard and internal HUD has plenty of details
- low beam and full beam mode inluded by pressing [L] key
- kmph/mph mode
- buying trucks and trailers is posible
- sleeping time is included
- playing in Free or Compaign Mode is possible.
- parkings, scales, truckstops, repair stations etc.
- some road systems was rebuilt in comparison do Haulin'
The HUD provides you with visual information about the state of your truck. It looks more professional then in previous 18 WoS series now.
The upper HUD provides you usefull information about your bank account balance, legal status, cargo destination, and truck and trailer damage levels.
There is the bottom HUD on the screen showed only in other camera view than Cabin one. You can see all the main icons of the dashboard such as speedometer (mph/kph) with distance traveled in miles, tachometer with the current gear icon, fuel tank indicator, full-beam lights, normal lights, left and right blinker, hand brake and and motor brake icons.
It is not all you can see there. SCS Software give you more than before. There are new icons they provides you information about the braking system air pressure and water temperature.
As in real life, you must respect all traffic regulations.
The legal status is represented as a red bar. If you commit a traffic offense, such as driving in the wrong direction, running a red light, or crashing into another vehicle, then the red bar will grow. If you encounter the police with a red legal status, you may be fined for traffic offenses.
If you are lucky you will get only warning!
Penalty fee [$]
running a red light
driving in the wrong direction
driving and on-duty limits violation
avoiding mandatory check
falling to illuminatge headlights
These penalty fees are only as an example.
They are variable and can be showed as total fees of your all offences.